Roadsoft & LDC Update – Version 2022.3 is Now Available
This is a major version release for Roadsoft. Major releases for Roadsoft contain new features, enhancements, and fixes. It is necessary to update both Roadsoft and the LDC to the same version for this release.
ROADSOFT & LDC VERSIONS INCLUDE:
The Roadsoft & LDC 2022.3 updates include numerous enhancements and fixes throughout the programs. A complete list of changes is available on the Downloads page.
Noteworthy new features for this release include:
· Added Custom Fields to the Road Module. User can define an unlimited number of fields of the following types: Date, Decimal, Long Note, Lookup, Short String, Whole Number, or Yes/No Flag.
· Added LDC Export/Import from Cloud.
PREPARE FOR ROADSOFT UPDATE:
- Complete all active LDC data collections and import them into Roadsoft prior to updating or risk data loss. Users can update from LDC 2022.3 or newer without losing any data. For users updating from an older version (2022.1 or older) should bring data back into Roadsoft before updating.
- Complete a database backup. See Back Up, Move, & Restore Database in the online Roadsoft Manual for more information.
- All computers that connect to a shared Roadsoft database will need to be updated to the same version in order to connect.
- Roadsoft 2020.1 or newer can update directly into this release. The update is available at www.roadsoft.org/downloads.
- Roadsoft versions older than 2020.1 - contact technical support.
Contact the CTT at email@example.com or 906-487-2102 option 1.
Remember that your licensing agreement includes technical support hours, so take advantage of this service if you need any help with the update.
Roadsoft is fully compatible with the 2012 and newer versions of SQL Server and SQL Server Express. Our 2019 SQL Server Express installer is now available for use with Roadsoft for agencies interested in upgrading their existing SQL Express server. Download the new installer at roadsoft.org/downloads/sql-downloads
Center for Technology & Training
Civil, Environmental & Geospatial Engineering
Michigan Technological University
1400 Townsend Dr
309 Dillman Hall
Houghton, MI 49931